Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bush said he consulted with Clinton before meeting with Obama


U.S. president George W. Bush Tuesday that he consulted his predecessor, President Bill Clinton before his meeting at the White House Barack Obama.

In an interview with U.S. television station, "CNN," Bush also expressed regret when it appeared in banner reading "mission accomplished" in the first of May (May) 2003, after forty days of the war on Iraq have continued the war years.

Bush and the honor Jan. 20 (January) place in the White House for Barack Obama. In one of the most sensitive transition periods in the history of the United States, Bush met with his successor at the White House Monday where the first-depth talks between the presidents of 43 and the 44 of the country since Obama victory on the fourth of November (November).

Neither Bush on the advice of a pro bono basis by Obama. He expressed "great satisfaction" of talks had been "calm." Bush said: "I remember the talks I had with my predecessor, Bill Clinton" in the same circumstances, adding "In fact, contacted him yesterday and I said to him: Bill, prepared to meet with President-elect and I still remember how nice Me and I hope that the fact that nice also with the President-elect me as I was. "

For the period of his presidency, Bush expressed regret for some words, especially when it demanded the arrest of Osama bin Laden "dead or alive." He also talked about the first of May (May) 2003 when he suspended from a bridge aircraft carrier "USS Abraham Lincoln" the end of major combat operations in Iraq by a banner reading "mission accomplished". He added: "I regret the fact that these Aliaaftp was there."

He explained: "Some people understand that Bush believes that the war had ended was not what I think and what I said but sent a bad signal." Bush said the presence of very motivated to express its pride. He reiterated that a victory by Barack Obama, the first black president elected in the United States, is "historic moment" for the country and wished him success.

No comments: